The project, developed in the framework of the Suisse contribution to the expansion of the EU, aims at showing that the protection of the environment and natural resources are consistent with the sustainable development of rural areas. The project is undertaken by a coalition of 6 Bulgarian and 3 Swiss NGOs. REDD association assumes the project management and provides technical input and expertise on farm and agricultural related issues.
REDD has successfully back-stopped the management of this large project involving 9 partner NGOs.
The project has, amoungst others, successfully :
- Tested and introduced Payment of Ecoservices Schemes,
- provided training to park administrators,
- supported farmers in developping on farm processing and marketing their products,
- promoted the concept that nature protection and rural development are not only compatible, but mutually reinforcing ,
- and through intense policy dialogue, improved legislation to the advantage of sustainable agriculture and boidiversity protection.
Client / Partners :
SDC – Swiss contribution to the expansion of the EU
Links and Publications:
Years: 2012 – 2017